Want to work for CoverHound? Good news! We're always
looking for talented people.
CoverHound is a venture-backed startup building the first brand that consumers trust in online insurance shopping. We are located in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco amongst cool watering holes, places to eat, and many other startups. While we definitely are fast-paced and like to get things done, we are also not afraid to have some fun.
Director of Inbound Marketing
As CoverHound’s scrappy Inbound Marketing Director, you will lead the charge in continuing to build our brand, users, and policyholders via your favorite channels: Content, SEO, PR, and Social Media.
We are extremely bullish on content marketing and so should you be. We have built a solid foundation with our insurance blog, insurance learning center, and content partnerships with sites such as motortrend.com & credit.com. You will help expand those channels as well as build new channels.
Matt Cutts and team still have their work cut out for them when it comes to cleaning up the SERP’s for insurance. Because the clicks are worth so much (up to $40 CPC’s on Adwords), there is a lot of black/grey hat activity going on in the space. This should not concern you because as the space continues to get cleaned up, the cream will rise and stay at the top and you’ll be a hero. You will use whatever tools necessary to help manage KW’s and link to get us there. Currently we use seomoz but are open to new tools as well.
We leverage internal and external PR efforts to build awareness. You will manage this channel. In some cases this will mean providing interesting data cuts on our customer data to a national consumer outlet or working with a PR team to pitch large tech publishers on our latest product feature or partnership.
Social channels will help you distribute your awesome content as well as communicate with our various customers. With some creativity social media can also be an opportunistic user acquisition channel. Figuring out how to do that effectively at scale will also make you a hero.
You should have at least several years of experience and demonstrated success in similar roles. No insurance experience is necessary.
We're looking for Insurance Experts who want to join the agency changing how insurance is sold to consumers. We plan on shaking things up, and are looking to build the team to help us do it. We'll be helping insurance customers place their policies after they have reviewed real quotes from the top national carriers. These clients will have already seen quotes and are ready to make a decision. Our job is to help them verify the underwriting info, advise them on any coverage recommendations and of course bind the policy. The focus is on providing the best possible customer experience. No hard sells, just doing what is right for the client.
We're looking for licensed P&C insurance agents with an expertise in Auto and Home Insurance and a good knowledge of the Independent Carrier Market. Experience with Travelers, Safeco and others a plus. This job is located in Southern California, though exceptions can be made for exceptional candidates.
Other qualifications desired:
- A great attitude and pleasing phone demeanor is a must. Positive personalities only please!
- The ability to review Auto and Homeowners Insurance applications, identify underwriting red flags and correct errors or shift to an appropriate policy for the risk/client.
- Must be capable of explaining various coverages and policy features and able make coverage recommendations to ensure client is properly insured.
- Comfortable offering additional lines of insurance. Cross-selling, when it makes sense (you should know what I mean).
- Understanding and experience with a major agency management system a plus (AMS, Applied, Hawksoft).
- Passion for providing great customer service is required. We are serious about doing the best we can for our clients and only want employees that feel the same.
- Excited by the idea of changing the way consumers buy insurance.
- Able to work in a dynamic environment, and adapt easily to new processes and procedures.
- Must be a real team player that wants to be a part of something bigger than just his/her "job".
Did you know CoverHound's CMO ran the Prague marathon in 2010?