Want to work for CoverHound? Good news! We're always
looking for talented people.
CoverHound is a venture-backed startup building the first brand that consumers trust in online insurance shopping. We are located in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco amongst cool watering holes, places to eat, and many other startups. While we definitely are fast-paced and like to get things done, we are also not afraid to have some fun.
You have significant experience in Rails development. Exact years of experience is irrelevant; it's about having made major contributions to a project or projects whether they are open source or otherwise.
Then there are the usual things like: be a self-starter, be a team player and if you enjoy spreading Rails knowledge around, that's even better. This is a startup, what you believe in will matter whether it's projects to work on, what technologies to use, or what snacks to stock. In addition, all the engineers here are full stack so fully expect to work on all portions to one extent or another.
We're looking for Insurance Experts who want to join the agency changing how insurance is sold to consumers. We plan on shaking things up, and are looking to build the team to help us do it. We'll be helping insurance customers place their policies after they have reviewed real quotes from the top national carriers. These clients will have already seen quotes and are ready to make a decision. Our job is to help them verify the underwriting info, advise them on any coverage recommendations and of course bind the policy. The focus is on providing the best possible customer experience. No hard sells, just doing what is right for the client.
We're looking for licensed P&C insurance agents with an expertise in Auto and Home Insurance and a good knowledge of the Independent Carrier Market. Experience with Travelers, Safeco and others a plus. This job is located in Southern California, though exceptions can be made for exceptional candidates.
Other qualifications desired:
- A great attitude and pleasing phone demeanor is a must. Positive personalities only please!
- The ability to review Auto and Homeowners Insurance applications, identify underwriting red flags and correct errors or shift to an appropriate policy for the risk/client.
- Must be capable of explaining various coverages and policy features and able make coverage recommendations to ensure client is properly insured.
- Comfortable offering additional lines of insurance. Cross-selling, when it makes sense (you should know what I mean).
- Understanding and experience with a major agency management system a plus (AMS, Applied, Hawksoft).
- Passion for providing great customer service is required. We are serious about doing the best we can for our clients and only want employees that feel the same.
- Excited by the idea of changing the way consumers buy insurance.
- Able to work in a dynamic environment, and adapt easily to new processes and procedures.
- Must be a real team player that wants to be a part of something bigger than just his/her "job".
Did you know CoverHound's founding team has over 14 years of insurance experience?