Want to work for CoverHound? Good news! We're always
looking for talented people.
Founded in 2010, CoverHound is a venture-backed startup building the first brand that consumers trust in comparison shopping for insurance. Our service dramatically improves the experience of buying insurance by offering a best-of-breed online shopping experience with real-time rate comparison and access to experienced insurance advisors.
Our San Francisco office at 2nd and Mission is where our Product and Engineering teams are located. There's a bunch of great reasons to join us here in SF:
- Use modern technologies to change the way people find, compare and purchase insurance online.
- Solve interesting technical problems around consumer experience and scale, backend integrations and data analytics.
- Help scale our data-driven company and our full-stack, agile team.
- Work in an awesome office with the SF norms - macs, snacks and standup desks.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits.
- Kelly Green Fridays, dogfooding days and more
We’ve found product/market fit and are consistently growing over 20% month over month. We are currently hiring engineers at multiple experience levels.
Senior Software Engineer
CoverHound is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help lead the development of our successful consumer service. You have experience during the scaling phase of a consumer internet startup, and enjoy solving the problems that arise as volume increases.
Beyond your coding responsibilities, you will be a trusted technical advisor to the company and help set technical direction for the team. You will influence and mentor your peers and help recruit and retain world class talent into CoverHound. It’s an exciting time and we’re looking for team members who are eager to succeed and want to work in a challenging, fast-growing work environment.
- Successfully delivered and maintained high-volume web-based applications running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Proficient in the metrics used to drive customer satisfaction, both business (conversion, engagement, etc) and technical (load time, etc).
- Passionate about participating in the leadership and growth of our team and engineering culture.
- Strong full-stack coding abilities, preferably in multiple languages on *NIX systems (4+ years Ruby experience a big plus)
- 4+ years experience with MySQL or other relational database technology.
- 2+ years experience with Redis, Elasticsearch, CouchDB or other NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience with cloud-hosted deployment technologies, topologies and methodologies.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Senior Software Engineer position' and let us know you are interested!
CoverHound is seeking early-to-mid career software engineers interested in joining our fast-growing consumer startup. You will be a full-stack Ruby/Rails developer in a collaborative environment, where we offer many opportunities for both learning and mentorship.
In addition to full stack work on our consumer site and sales portal, you will be helping us integrate through APIs with a variety of online information sources, including our carrier partners.
- Exposure to one or more of the popular backend languages (Ruby/Rails is a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to interact with internet APIs and web services, both REST and SOAP.
- Demonstrated ability designing and consuming data structures based on JSON and XML.
- Strong problem solving skills and a passion for learning new things.
- Attention to detail and a feeling of pride and ownership over the code that you create.
- Work well in both team environments and individually.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Email us at email@example.com with the subject 'Software Engineer position' and let us know you are interested!
We're looking for Insurance Experts who want to join the agency changing how insurance is sold to consumers. We plan on shaking things up, and are looking to build the team to help us do it. We'll be helping insurance customers place their policies after they have reviewed real quotes from the top national carriers. These clients will have already seen quotes and are ready to make a decision. Our job is to help them verify the underwriting info, advise them on any coverage recommendations and of course bind the policy. The focus is on providing the best possible customer experience. No hard sells, just doing what is right for the client.
We're looking for licensed P&C insurance agents with an expertise in Auto and Home Insurance and a good knowledge of the Independent Carrier Market. Experience with Travelers, Safeco and others a plus. This job is located in Southern California, though exceptions can be made for exceptional candidates.
Other qualifications desired:
- A great attitude and pleasing phone demeanor is a must. Positive personalities only please!
- The ability to review Auto and Homeowners Insurance applications, identify underwriting red flags and correct errors or shift to an appropriate policy for the risk/client.
- Must be capable of explaining various coverages and policy features and able make coverage recommendations to ensure client is properly insured.
- Comfortable offering additional lines of insurance. Cross-selling, when it makes sense (you should know what I mean).
- Understanding and experience with a major agency management system a plus (AMS, Applied, Hawksoft).
- Passion for providing great customer service is required. We are serious about doing the best we can for our clients and only want employees that feel the same.
- Excited by the idea of changing the way consumers buy insurance.
- Able to work in a dynamic environment, and adapt easily to new processes and procedures.
- Must be a real team player that wants to be a part of something bigger than just his/her "job".
Did you know CoverHound has helped tens of thousands of people shop for insurance?